Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall Out Boy - "Infinity On High"


Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High
2007, Island

1. Thriller
2. "The Take Over, The Breaks Over"
3. This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
4. I'm Like a Lawyer With the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me & You)
5. Hum Hallelujah
6. Golden
7. Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
8. Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?
9. The (After) Life of the Party
10. The Carpal Tunnel of Love
11. Bang the Doldrums
12. Fame < Infamy
13. You're Crashing, But You're No Wave
14. I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears and None On My Fingers

Okay... so the song titles are a little bit better this time. Anyway, the first time I listened to this album I didn't care for it much. I thought it was kind of hit and miss like the last one. However, one day my wife and I were coming home from a long trip and she was driving. I took the time to read the lyrics and as I did, my appreciation of this album increased exponentially. Granted, they're still pretentious and if they're not talking about failed relationships they're talking about the trappings of fame. Again... not deep - just young and stupid. That beings said there are some pretty clever turns of phrase here so I think that helped me like the music more. Almost to the point where I can say this is probably my favorite Fall Out Boy. I especially like "(Me & You)" and "Hum Hallelujah" though I'm not sure how I feel about them using God's name in a song about teen sex.

Useless Fact: The band went to Africa to film the video for "(Me & You)."

No comments:

Post a Comment