Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fluffy - "Fluffy Luvs You"


Fluffy - Fluffy Luvs You
1991, Blonde Vinyl

1. Jell-O Soul
2. Life Through Death
3. Excommunicated
4. 1-16-91
5. My Proofrock
6. Re-Reactionary
7. A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
8. My America
9. Glory, Glory
10. My Lord, What a Morning
11. Art
12. God Part III

An old friend and I used to joke that Blonde Vinyl would sign anybody. Fluffy's sound is sort of loud and raw "college" punk. They speed through their debut in a mere 24 minutes, but what a 24 minutes it is! They don't seem to take themselves too seriously as some of the lyrics are kind of silly and tongue in cheek. Take "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" for example: "I... I have a dog/ His name is Fluff/ He likes to go into the garage and talk to me/ He loves the Lord/ And our God is a mighty fortress he tells me." Definitely not for everyone... heck definitely not for every punk fan, but if you like the strange and wonderful this is for you. I know this is a weird thing to comment on, but I really like the tight pop on the snare drum.

Useless Fact: This band features Chris Colbert who's worked on albums by The Choir and Daniel Amos.

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a copy of this CD for years. Any chance of buying/having/trading for a copy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I am very partial to my copy. I had to get it from another blogger who was selling off his collection. It is very hard to find! Keep hunting though!

    ReplyDelete