Thursday, November 19, 2009

Devin Townsend - "Terria"


Devin Townsend - Terria
2001, Inside Out

1. Olives
2. Mountain
3. Earth Day
4. Deep Peace
5. Canada
6. Down and Under
7. The Fluke
8. Nobody's Here
9. Tiny Tears
10. Stagnant
11. Humble (Unlisted track)

Okay, this is one of the two Devin discs I pull out the least. Technically, it's good, but the songs just don't resonate with me like the other albums do. I'm not sure why exactly. This is probably the most progressive of the CDs I've listened to....very Pink Floyd-esque (i.e. very atmospheric, but not very catchy). Not that that's bad... again, it just doesn't resonate with me as much as the others.

I was listening to this in the car with my wife and upon hearing the cymbal "ding" in "Olives" she started saying, "PING!" in time with the music. I couldn't tell if it was super cute or annoying. Though we are expecting a baby soon so you can draw your own conclusion. Ha ha! I know... T.M.I.!

Useless Fact: This being an Inside Out release... of course there's a two disc version with another song and some concert footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment