Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bride - "Show No Mercy"


Bride - Show No Mercy
1986, Pure Metal

1. Evil That Men Do
2. Now He Is Gone
3. Fly Away
4. Forever in Darkness
5. Follow Your Heart
6. Show No Mercy
7. I Will Be With You
8. Thunder in the City
9. No Matter the Price
10. The First Will Be Last

I remember going over to a friend's house when I was eleven with a bunch of Christian tapes because I wanted him to hear all this cool Christian metal I'd found. His mom grabbed the tapes and poured over the lyrics to each one. Show No Mercy was one of those tapes. She just couldn't understand why a Christian band would call their album Show No Mercy. To be honest, I'm not really sure why they called it that, but then Bride was never much for clear-cut lyrics back in the day. I got this disc after having had Silence is Madness and Live to Die and it didn't make much of an impression on me. It still doesn't after all these years. I absolutely love some tracks: "Evil That Men Do," "Forever In Darkness," and "Thunder in the City" to name a few, but the rest just don't register. Cool cover art though!

Useless Fact: M8 rereleased this CD, but they're out of business - good luck finding one!

No comments:

Post a Comment