Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Choir - "Free Flying Soul"


The Choir - Free Flying Soul
1996, Tattoo

1. Salamander
2. Polar Boy
3. Sled Dog
4. Away With the Swine
5. The Ocean
6. If You're Listening
7. The Chicken
8. Slow Spin
9. Leprechaun
10. Yellow-Haired Monkeys
11. Butterfly
12. The Warbler

Since the deal with REX was for only one album, the band made their own label: Tattoo and released Free Flying Soul. There's a little less fuzz this time around and Dan Michael's sax is almost nowhere to be found. Why, o why? This was probably The Choir's least popular disc as far as I know. I can understand why. At first the quality just doesn't seem to be there, but this album has really grown on me. It's not my favorite, but it's not some horrible misstep or downward spiral either. That being said I think "The Warbler" is one of the most beautiful songs ever. Yeah, I said EVER.

Useless Fact: Steve actually had a little guy like on the cover that he'd hang in his kick drum on tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment