Sunday, November 1, 2009

Anthrax - "Among the Living"


Anthrax - Among the Living
1987, Island

1. Among the Living
2. Caught In a Mosh
3. I Am the Law
4. Efilnikufesin
5. A Skeleton in the Closet
6. Indians
7. One World
8. A.D.I./The Horror of It All
9. Imitation of Life

Now this is some quality thrash. Oh, the riffs. They make me happy just thinking about them. "Caught in a Mosh" in particular is awesome, but the whole album just smokes from start to finish. I put "Skeletons in the Closet" on a CD for my wife while we were dating... she didn't care for it too much. I think this disc is really where they earned the reputation of being thrash masters.

Useless Fact: Stephen King has two songs on this one: "Among the Living," about Randall Flagg from The Stand, and "A Skeleton in the Closet" which is based off of the short story "Apt Pupil."

No comments:

Post a Comment