Monday, November 2, 2009

Coheed and Cambria - "The Second Stage Turbine Blade"


Coheed and Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade
2002, Equal Vision

1. Second Stage Turbine Blade
2. Time Consumer
3. Devil in Jersey City
4. Everything Evil
5. Delirium Trigger
6. Hearshot Kid Disaster
7. 33
8. Junesong Provision
9. Neverender
10. God Send Conspirator
Bonus Tracks
11. Elf Tower New Mexico
12. Junesong Provision
13. Everything Evil

The first Coheed album I heard was Good Apollo, so when I finally listened to this one I was really disappointed. Second Stage is full of proficient progressive emo but sorely lacking in hooks. "Time Consumer" and "Devil in Jersey City" showcase some of the infectious songwriting the band would embrace on their later albums. However, most of it is just plain boring. Oh well... I guess they can't all be winners.

Useless Fact: The version I have is actually the rerelease with a few bonus tracks. They're pretty boring too.

No comments:

Post a Comment